Lemony Celery Avocado Soup
Celery, Avocado, Herbs, Soup, functional food, hypo-uricemic agent, gout, kidney stone, prevention
Celery is now recognized not only as a super food but as a functional food.
During the holiday season the richness of meals may aggravate hyperuricemia, cause of gout and kidney stones.
To prevent these painful side effects of day after festive celebration, try this delicious creamy soup, pairing celery and avocado.
If French do not diet, they have a multitude of dieting secrets to enjoy super rich foods and stay healthy.
Ingredients serving for 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery hearts
- 5 scallions
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Thyme, oregano sprigs
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
- ½ bunch of fresh cilantro sprigs.
- 1 Organic lemon
- 200g of avocado meat or 1 medium avocado
- ½ cup plain yogurt optional
- 50 g of shredded Parmigiano Cheese optional
- Peel and mash the garlic
- Wash, dry and the slice the scallions
- Seed and slice the jalapeno, wash and take the herbs
- Wash and mince the celery hearts
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size pot on medium-high heat, add the scallions and the jalapeno.
- Add celery and garlic, fresh leaves herbs and a fine zest add ½ lemon juice.
- Stir the vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add fresh leaves herbs and a fine zest plus ½ lemon juice.
- Simmer for less than 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- In a small blender add cilantro leaves, ½ lemon juice, diced avocado and yogurt, blend to get a creamy mix.
- When the soup is cooked use a hand blender to cream it nicely.
- Serve hot in individual bowls, you can
- Optional, add grated cheese melting and bringing some salt
- Add a large spoon of the cilantro-avocado mix and serve immediately.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
This soup can be served hot or cold.
Soups are good to detox, hydrate, charge in minerals.
I avoid adding salt when cooking to prevent high blood pressure and in this recipe the function of the celery.
I just add some salt to adjust the taste. Apparently, this helped me to prevent high blood pressure when aging.
key words: Celery, Avocado, Herbs, Soup, functional food, hypo-uricemic agent, gout, kidney stone, prevention
Celery (Apium graveolens) is traditionally used to treat rheumatism and cardiovascular disorders since memory. Hyperuricemia is considered as a predisposing factor for gout and is also suggested to be associated with coronary artery disease. Study results demonstrated that celery could reduce the serum uric acid level via inhibition of hepatic XDH/XO and indicated its potential utility as an effective hypouricemic bioactive agent or functional food.
You want to give this recipe a try during the holiday season.
Click to download :